Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can You Use Baby's Toothpaste On Dog

Violens - Amoral (2010)



but I'm puzzled me first seised listen to this Amoral, I did hear that the promises of songs drowned out by riotous production, a small thing a little fashion store in its niche indie pop, while a niche aligned among many other niches. In short, I was ready to quickly forget a disk that had nothing to say to me and all ways I had nothing to expect from him. Everything was in the order of things is well ordered, I lived as best they could a few weeks ignoring it all: this Amoral, its production and its bombastic songs drowned ...

Yet one morning he was fine, but fresh, who knows why, I had the funny idea of wanting to listen to this disc. Hey! Well, just imagine that against all odds it turned out better than it seemed to me at first! Oh, this production was still painful, smart and willing to do its modern, lost in unnecessary convolutions of a mille-feuille of reverb, but to use the songs were there, drowned and less reaching to emerge from this sort of gruel reverberated. Under echo and affectations, then I discovered some fine melodies, their classic charm, the prettiness of a bass that turned and pinched. For a bit I thought I'd forgotten some groups of the mid-80: Lotus Eater, Pale Fountains , this well-groomed pop and more mysterious than it seems. Oddly, in addition to property combed already mentioned, I'm also in other supposedly more vigorous and heroic, I'm in epic U2! as before they took the idea to make things difficult but not wanting to save the world! Imagine the intriguing side of the case! Well I would not say that I had mastered this disc, but at least I saw, I think he, the simple qualities that freshness hidden these slopes and not worrying that the false heroism sneaky complexity. So
an album full of defects, defects of youth, but also qualities, no lightning, but the songs, it's something.

PS References to the game you can replace Lotus Eater by Zombies, the Pale Fountains by Love, U2 by U2 .



0 comments:

Post a Comment