Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wearing High Heels After Bunion Surgery

we imposing limits on the power and promise of God?

I think today we limit God with our doubts and our disbelief. The Scripture says about Israel: "They never ceased to tempt God, and to limit the Holy One of Israel" (Psalm 78/41). Israel turned away from God in unbelief.

We trust God in most areas of our lives, but our faith has always terminals and limits. We have at least one small area that we retain and for which we do not really believe that God will do it for us. For example, many readers have asked for healing of my wife Gwen. But often, when it comes to healing from their own husband, wife, son or daughter, they limit God.

The area where I most limits God is the cure. I prayed for physical healing of many men and I have seen God perform miracles miracles. But when it concerns my own body, I limit God. I'm afraid to let God be for me. I bores me medication or see a doctor I run before they pray for me. I'm not saying it's wrong to go to the doctor. But sometimes I correspond to the description of one who "did not seek the Lord, but he consulted the doctors" (2 Chronicles 16/12).

I ask you: do you pray for God to shoot down walls that stand in China or Cuba, but when it's hello to your family, you do not an ounce of faith? You think, 'God does not want to do here. I like that one case is too difficult. God does not seem to listen to me about it. " If this is so, you do not look like God. You do not know his ways. What God wants is "done by the power that worketh in us, infinitely beyond all that we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3 / 20).

God said, 'David, you've tied my hands, you got me chained. How can I heal you while you do not really think I'm going to do? Your probably prevents me from being God for you. I tell you that you do not know me as you do not know that I want to give you more than you wish to receive. "

Israel continually muttered "Can God? ... Of course, he opened a path for us in the Red Sea, but can he give us bread? "God gave them bread. In fact, he compiled a table for them in the desert. "But can he give us water? . He gave them water from a rock. "But can he give us meat? . He gave them meat from heaven. But can he deliver us from our enemies? "... hour after hour, God has provided and given in all areas. And yet, the people spent forty years to say "Can God? ... Can God? "

Beloved, we should say:" God can! God can! He did and he will do again! God can and will do whatever we ask, believing it will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment